I-1639 Firearm Safety Training Class
About the course
RifleClass.com is firearms training school, offering a basic firearms safety course that complies with Washington State law since the passage of Initiative 1639. We have created this training program to ensure that everyone who legally can and wants to own a rifle can do so safely - even if they aren't in a financial situation to spend hundreds on a typical firearms training class, or if they can't dedicate an entire weekend to take one in person.
The program is completed entirely online, takes about an hour, and only costs $20.
The program is broken up into 6 educational topics. Each topic consists of a video that must be watched in its entirety, followed by a short multiple choice quiz. After completing all topics, we have one more quiz on everything that the class covers. After you've completed that quiz, you'll be presented with your training certificate.
The topics covered are:
- Basic Firearms Safety - Which covers the four fundamental rules of firearm safety.
- Safe Handling of Firearms - Which discusses additional safety rules while shooting.
- Firearms and Children - Where we present information about how to talk to your kids about gun safety.
- Firearms and Suicide Prevention - Where you'll LEARN how to support a person who is in emotional distress.
- Secure Gun Storage - Where you'll be introduced to the wide variety of ways to secure a firearm.
- Firearm Law - Which gives an overview of the main pieces of legislation regarding firearms in Washington State and Federally.
Our material was created by an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor in collaboration with the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and Project Childsafe. All material has been reviewed by an attorney in Washington State who specializes in firearm law.
Once you've completed the course, you will be presented with a digital certificate, certifiying under penalty of perjury that you have completed an I-1639 compliant training program. The certificate contains a verification code that your FFL can use to ensure it's authenticity, and is signed by an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor. If you'd like to see what our certificates look like, or what the process of FFL Validation is, Click Here.
We've worked very hard since the passage of I-1639 to be in contact with all government agencies to ensure we are in compliance. We have contacted the ATF, the WA Department of Licensing, the Attorney General's Office, and various Sheriff's Offices, and we have complete confidence that our class meets all regulations. Further, we are working with FFLs to ensure they will accept our certificates and already have confirmed that many will accept it. If your FFL would like more info, have them contact us at RifleClass@gmail.com and we will work with them.